- Consultation on Diagnosis and treatment of the full spectrum of rheumatic diseases including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthiritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
- Radiology and Laboratory services are available on site.
- On site Infusion Clinic
- Infliximab (Remicade), Rituximab, Abatacept (Orencia), Tocilizumab (Actemra), Cytoxan, IVIG, Solumedrol, and pamidronate, Ibandrontate (Boniva), Zoledronic acid (Reclast) are currently administered under the direction of the Attending Rheumatologist.
- We teach self-administration of Etanercept (Enbrel), Adalimumab (Humira), Golimumab (Simpson), Certolizumab (Cimzia)
- Rheumatic disease clinical trials are performed in the rheumatology clinic and at the Clinical Translational Research Center (CTRC) at UNC Hospitals.
For Rheumatoid Arthritis contact Diane Bresch at 919-966-0545.
For Lupus contact Brenda Meier at 919-843-6619.
- Robert Berger MD, Professor
- Mary Anne Dooley MD, Assistant Professor
- Beth Jonas MD, Associate Professor
- Joanne Jordan MD MPH, Professor
- Amanda Nelson MD, Assistant Professor
- Onajite Onaodowan, MD, Fellow
- Alfredo Rivadeniera MD, Assistant Professor and Clinic Director
- Jennifer Rogers, MD, Fellow
- Robert Roubey MD, Professor
- Saira Sheikh MD, Fellow
- Michael Smith MD, Fellow
- Teresa K. Tarrant, MD, Assistant professor
All new patients needing an appointment with Rheumatology must be referred by a physician that knows about your condition.
Your physician should fax your demographics, most recent notes, lab results, and x-ray report pertaining to your condition to 919-843-7231.
Your records will be reviewed and we will contact the patient to schedule an appointment. There is a link to the physician referral form that you may print out for your physician to complete and fax for you.
Please have your pharmacist fax your prescription refill to 919-966-5189.
We try to honor your refill request daily, but please allow us at least 3 business days.
Monday to Friday from 8 am – 5 pm
For appointments and questions, call (919) 966-4191