Through our Community Outreach and Outcomes-Based Research programs and the North Carolina Family Practice Network, faculty members have established satellite clinics in rural and economically disadvantaged communities to update local physicians and other health care providers on the latest scientific knowledge and treatments, as well as educating the public on disease self-management.
These initiatives include:
- The National Arthritis Action Plan
- Arthritis and Public Health
- The Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project
- Serving as an information resource for several smaller arthritis programs around the state.
- Bringing evidence-based programming to North Carolina.
- Participating in the development and evaluation of new therapies to treat arthritis and autoimmune diseases.