Rheumatology consultation clinics are held 10 half-days per week at the UNC Arthritis Clinic at Carolina Pointe II.
- Over 4000 patients with a wide spectrum of rheumatic disease seen annually
- All fellows spend two half-days per week in continuity clinic
- First year fellows rotate in the attending clinics
- On site infusion suite for biologic therapies
- On site Laboratory and Radiology facilities
Lupus/Vasculitis Clinic at the Ambulatory Care Center
- Joint Clinic between Nephrology and Rheumatology with a focus on patients with renal disease
- Approximately 300 patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) are followed regularly
- The clinic affords the fellow an opportunity for intensive clinical and education exposure to this major rheumatological disorder.
- The Lupus Clinic is the basis for ongoing clinical and basic research on SLE.
Pediatric Rheumatology and Immunology
- 750-1000 patient visits per year
- Provides multidisciplinary treatment, incorporating rehabilitation, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychology and social work.
- 3 month out-patient rotation in pediatric rheumatology under the supervision of a full time pediatric rheumatology faculty mentor
- Clinic held four full days per week attended by three faculty members
- Resource for many clinical projects; including drug efficacy and sensitivity studies
- Allergy Clinic is an elective clinic for rheumatology fellows
- Consultative care for patients on the medical and surgical units
- Focus on care of critically ill patients with rheumatic diseases