- Professor of Medicine
- Clinical Professor of Pharmacy
- B.S., Yale University 1972
- M.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1976
- Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1976-1979
- Fellowship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1980-1982
Dr. Berger's primary research interest is in medical informatics.
Over the last 14 years, a "clinical workstation" has been developed by Dr. Berger and others for global use within UNC Health System. Computerized physician order entry and use of "artificial intelligence" to enhance patient care continues to be the main thrust of Dr. Berger's research interest.
Fellows in rheumatology are encouraged to participate in the development and testing of these software tools.